To build a basic report in Dynamics CRM, you can go through the following steps by using the Report Wizard.
- In CRM, select Reports from the menu:
- Select New from the menu:
- This will open the New Report window. Select Report Wizard Report as the Report Type and click Report Wizard:
- Click Start a new report:
- Select Account as the primary record type. We will name the report “Test Account Report”:
- The next screen will allow you to enter any filtering criteria. We will ignore this for now.
- We can then add grouping and sorting, and select the columns we want to display to the user. Click on “Click here to add a column”:
Select Account Name:
- Also add City and click Next.
- We have the option here to define the format of the report. Select “Table Only” for now:
- Select Next and Finish:
- We can now run the report. To do this, select Run Report from the report menu:
- The report is displayed on the screen:
To edit the report, find the report in the Available Reports view and select Edit from the menu:
Note Start from an existing report is selected:
Click through an add Annual Revenue as a field:
As we have a numeric field, we can now use Chart and table and select a chart:
Select the chart type:
We can customize the format here. Click Next and Finish:
Run the report and you will see the report is now showing as a chart:
In another post I will talk about how to create a different kind of chart in CRM and have that viewable in dashboards.