Thanks for visiting my site
I built this site with two main goals in mind:
- To give back to the technical and business community and share what I have learned and what’s new
- To connect with people who love technology and those who use technology to make their businesses and organizations better
I like to believe it is achieving these two goals, with the site reaching many visitors a month to become one of the top Dynamics 365 blogs while meeting some great people like YOU along the way! I hope the site enables you to solve problems, accelerate your career and build fantastic products.
I am a Microsoft developer with 20 years of experience helping businesses become better.
My focus has been with Dynamics 365, Power BI, Azure, and PowerApps, and over the years I have built applications using several other Microsoft technologies. I have also been lucky to work on some of the largest implementations in the world, which has been really exciting. I have worked for Microsoft Gold Partners located in New York City, London, and Sydney.
I currently work for a New York City-based consultancy developing enterprise solutions in the USA, and my experience includes working with clients in several industries, including banking, government, telecommunications, energy, and not-for-profits.
My certifications include:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE) – Business Applications
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – Dynamics 365
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
In my spare time, I love to take photographs, assemble amateur videos, and spend time in the kitchen perfecting a new recipe.
WHAT I DO
I usually work in a lead technical role, being involved throughout the majority of the technical process, including:
- pre-sales meetings and presentations
- estimating time and budgeting
- business analysis of the proposed solution
- the actual development of the solution, coding, unit testing
- user acceptance testing
- deployment and go-live
- 1981: Wrote my first line of code
- 1993: Built my first HTML website
- 1996: Worked on an industry project in-house at Microsoft Research as part of my bachelor degree
- 1996: Completed my Bachelor of Technology degree majoring in Information and Communication Systems
- 1997: Built my first social website described by LookSmart as “impressive”
- 1998: Built a packaged eCommerce shopping platform that integrated to accounting software “out of the box”
- 2000: Worked as a Technical Architect during the “dot com boom” for a premier design agency in London
- 2002: Won the Microsoft Global Solutions Challenge
- 2002: Keynote presenter in front of 700 developers at “Tech 2002”, Microsoft’s worldwide tech conference
- 2003: Runner Up with a solution in the European Retail Application Developer Awards awarded in Paris
- 2005: Managed tech projects in the City of London’s reinsurance industry, for UK and US clients
- 2006 to Present: Building complex solutions for enterprises in and around New York City and the USA
- 2017: ERP Writers Awards Best Independent Blog Shortlist
- Today: Working on the next big thing
All opinions and content in this website are my own and not the views of my employer.