Thanks for visiting my site.
I built this site with two main goals in mind:
- To give back to the technical and business community and share what I have learned
- To connect with people who love technology
I like to believe the site is achieving these two goals, with the site becoming one of the top Dynamics 365 blogs while meeting some great people like YOU along the way.
As we all know, a small technical problem can take a long time to resolve, and I hope you save some time resolving problems by using my site, while also building fantastic products and accelerating your career.
I am a Microsoft developer with 20 years of experience helping businesses become better.
My focus has been with Dynamics 365, Power BI, Azure, and Power Apps, and over the years I have built applications using several other Microsoft technologies. I have also been lucky to work on some of the largest implementations in the world, which has been really exciting. I have worked for Microsoft Gold Partners located in New York City, London, and Sydney.
I currently work for a New York City-based consultancy developing enterprise solutions in the USA, and my experience includes working with clients in several industries, including banking, government, telecommunications, energy, and not-for-profits.
My certifications include:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE) – Business Applications
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – Dynamics 365
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
In my spare time, I love to take photographs, assemble amateur videos, and spend time in the kitchen perfecting a new recipe.
WHAT I DO
I usually work in a lead technical role, being involved throughout the majority of the technical process, including:
- pre-sales meetings and presentations
- estimating time and budgeting
- business analysis of the proposed solution
- the actual development of the solution, coding, unit testing
- user acceptance testing
- deployment and go-live
- 1981: Wrote my first line of code
- 1993: Built my first HTML website
- 1996: Worked on an industry project in-house at Microsoft Research as part of my bachelor degree
- 1996: Completed my Bachelor of Technology degree majoring in Information and Communication Systems
- 1997: Built my first social website described by LookSmart as “impressive”
- 1998: Built a packaged eCommerce shopping platform that integrated to accounting software “out of the box”
- 2000: Worked as a Technical Architect during the “dot com boom” for a premier design agency in London
- 2002: Won the Microsoft Global Solutions Challenge
- 2002: Keynote presenter in front of 700 developers at “Tech 2002”, Microsoft’s worldwide tech conference
- 2003: Runner Up with a solution in the European Retail Application Developer Awards awarded in Paris
- 2005: Managed tech projects in the City of London’s reinsurance industry, for UK and US clients
- 2006 to Present: Building complex solutions for enterprises in and around New York City and the USA
- 2017: ERP Writers Awards Best Independent Blog Shortlist
- Today: Working on the next big thing
Hope you learn something while visiting my site. Some quick links to get you started.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement – Sales, Marketing etc (Dynamics CRM)
- Power BI, Microsoft’s Suite of Business Intelligence Tools
- Azure, Microsoft’s Cloud Computing Platform
- Power Apps, Building Cross-Platform Apps for your Enterprise
- Unified Service Desk (USD), Enterprise Call Center Software for Dynamics 365
- Dynamics 365 Blog
- Power BI Blog
- Power Platform TV, my show on YouTube
I am not a member of the Microsoft MVP Award program.
All opinions and content in this website are my own and not the views of my employer.