A little about myself. I’m a software developer, technical architect and development manager with primary focus in Cloud-based technologies, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Web + Mobile, Business Intelligence (BI) and Enterprise Application Integration (EAI).
My experience includes working for leading technology companies in New York, London and Sydney for the past 20 years. My roles mostly consist of taking the technical lead on projects, working directly with clients, designing and building enterprise solutions, and finishing with a successful implementation.
I currently work for AKA Enterprise Solutions, a New York City-based consultancy developing enterprise solutions in the USA (check out my AKA bio!). My clients include US investment banks, government institutions, telecommunications and energy companies and various commercial enterprises based around the US and in the New York metropolitan area. Most of my work is in the Microsoft space, though I build solutions using a diverse mix of technologies.
In my spare time, I love to take photographs, assemble amateur videos, and spend time in the kitchen perfecting a new recipe.
WHAT I DO
I usually work as the lead technical role, involved throughout the majority of the technical process, including:
- pre-sales meetings and presentations
- estimating time and budgeting
- business analysis of the proposed solution
- the actual development of the solution, coding, unit testing
- user acceptance testing process
- deployment and go-live
- 1981: Wrote my first line of code
- 1993 : Built my first HTML website
- 1996 : Completed my Bachelor of Technology degree majoring in Information and Communication Systems
- 1997 : Built my first social website described by LookSmart as “impressive”
- 1998 : Built a packaged eCommerce shopping platform that integrated to accounting software “out of the box”
- 2000 : Worked as a Technical Architect during the “dot com boom” for a premier design agency in London
- 2002 : Won the Microsoft Global Solutions Challenge
- 2002 : Keynote presenter in front of 700 developers at “Tech 2002”, Microsoft’s worldwide tech conference
- 2003 : Was Runner Up with a solution in the European Retail Application Developer Awards
- 2005: Managed tech projects in the City of London’s reinsurance industry, for UK and US clients
- 2006 to Present : Building complex solutions for enterprises in and around New York City and the USA
- 2017 : ERP Writers Awards Best Independent Blog Shortlist
- Today : Working on the next big thing